Thursday, March 13, 2008

Maximum Awesome




Jake came to visit. Yay! Everyone can appreciate the difficulties present in long term relationship. Makes me glad that Jake and I can spend a few days enjoying each other in person every couple of weeks. Jake learned to snowboard! Very exciting! He is a fast/fantastic learner. Our weekend was full of family as it always is when he is here. We finally pegged down Thor for dinner and Ana and Peter came as well. The trip ended too quickly as always and Jake headed back home.
Just two weeks since Jake’s trip here, I was off to Philly.
My second trip to philly was so different from the first. One, I was pretty sick. I had been home from work for three days (I tried to go in on Friday but was booted out immediately). I flew anyway. My first flight was cancelled, the second two hours late, a five minute window to my connection, then finally, one bright, slightly saucy wonderful boyfriend. The weekend was quite relaxing. We mostly just lived as regular people do in relationships, which was the most wonderful thing. Delicious brunch, a trip to the zoo and the market. Then, my return flight approached. I thought it would get easier with each time to leave but it is not. It is quite the opposite. I can’t wait to go back in two weeks.
This weekend however will also be exciting I’m going wedding dress shopping! My sister is getting married! John, her boyfriend of two years, proposed to her over a romantic private dinner. I’m so excited for her and will post as more info comes round.
Also, I am addicted to the Tudor/Elizabethan Era. Elizabeth, Elizabeth: The Golden Age, The Other Boleyn Girl (book), and every single related wiki article.
I was also thrilled that the wind finally has the softness of Spring on it’s breath. Yay!

1 comment:

KimGold said...

It's so wonderful to hear how well youre doing!
I wish Glenn and I could get out to see each other more often.
Ah, long distance relationships...