Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bruise, Booze, Books and.... teeth

PICT0052

Finally, after years of waiting, I have a tooth, there, between the front and the fang. Oh, how I have wanted you so badly and now you are here. Oral surgery is awful. Eating after oral surgery is awful. Having to take your teeth out to eat is more awful so I can bear the surgery and the eating.

Afterwards, I really needed some Goodwill time. I was hoping for some sweet art as Ana always finds but the pickins were slim. I did purchase some great books: The World of Words: Vocabulary for College Students, The Complete ROUND-THE-WORLD COOKBOOK: Recipes gathered by Pan American Airways staff from 81 countries they serve, Reasoning and Improving your Reasoning (uber textbooky), Trust Us, We're Experts!: How industry manipulates science and gambles with your future (authors of Toxic Sludge Is Good For You!), Capitalism for Beginners (more graphic novel than text book really), Looking at Philosophy: the unbearable heaviness of philosophy made lighter (has lots of entertaining drawings). I am certainly looking forward to curling up next to my fake fireplace and reading those.

No comments: